Monday, May 9, 2011

What a week!

Well, it has been an interesting week, that is for sure. Michael broke my car on Wednesday. I am, of course, joking that he broke my car but he was the person in the driver's seat when this incident occurred. My car would not shift out of park. Apparently, there is a small plastic piece in the shift column that must have broke off and now i can't park my car. I have to put the car in neutral and set the parking brake to be able to park it. At least I can drive it to work and run my necessary errands.

I got a call on Thursday morning from Michael telling me that we are going to Las Vegas for the weekend. Unfortunately, it was not for a weekend get away. It was for a last minute BBQ competition. A few weeks ago, we had a BBQ competition but we didn't make to cut to move on to the next competition. Well, some teams backed out and we were asked to come. Well, we did horrible. We took last place, which has never happened since we started doing this.

My mother's day is not what I expected it to be. I thought that my day would go like this:
Sleep in a little bit
Go to church
Go out with Michael and Caleb for brunch
Go to Michael's parent's house for a little get together they planned
Spend the rest of the day with my baby

This is how the day went :
Woke up at 6am to get the trailer loaded to leave for home. We find out the truck wouldn't start. After a service guy came out, the truck still wouldn't start. Michael was able to disconnect the alarm system so the truck would start.
9am- Breakfast at Carl's Jr. Yuck
10 am- Finally on the road home.
Spend 8 hours in the car with a screaming toddler. I don't blame him too much. 8 hours in the car with small amounts of time running around will get to anyone. Nothing I brought would keep him calm for long. In hindsight, I should have brought my portable DVD player with a few videos for him but this trip was such a last minute thing that I didn't think about it.
Around 4-5 hours in the trip, I was presented with my Mother's day gift in the car. It was a digital photos frames!! I love it.
2:30- We finally stop for lunch at Jack-in-the-box. I don't know why we didn't stop sooner but I was so glad to be able to get food in Caleb's tummy. Michael and I were so upset that his parent's would not stop earlier.
6pm- Finally home. I cooked dinner and then got ready for bed.

Whew. I know Michael tried his best in the situation but I wished I was home for mother's day.

Today is my first weigh-in. I know that I probably gained weight. I was eating horribly this weekend with no chance to exercise. All I can is move on and hope that his week is better.


cara said...

Sorry to hear it was a busy weekend. I hope you get to relax next weekend!

Sarah said...

Maybe Michael can let you re-create Mother's Day this weekend?