Wednesday, January 21, 2009

*sigh*

The days seem so long now. It is so ironic. A few months ago, I would kill to have a few quiet moments to myself. Now, I can't seem to find anything to fill the time. I need to print off some photos to start my scrapbook but I can't seem to find the motivation. I am trying to find a job now but I fear it is going to take a while. I want to be in a house now, I want to start my family but everything seems to be at a standstill. I know we have to wait until we have enough money to have a down payment for a house but I guess I don't want to wait. It is so frustrating.

I found out two dear friends of mine are getting a divorce. It has been really hard on me but I can't imagine what they must be going through. Michael and I are so close to them and they helped us along through our relationship. I found myself thinking earlier, "If it can happen to them, could it happen to me?" Michael and I decided to start up our couples' devotional again. I am really excited about that. '

Probably the best part of this week is finally making a career choice. I have been struggling with becoming a nurse. I have always thought of myself becoming a part of the medical profession that I never thought of other career choices. While working in the ER, I realized that this is something that I don't want to do for the rest of my life. I did a lot of praying and realized a path that I would love and can eventually use overseas when Michael and I step into the mission field. I have decided to become an elementary school teacher! It has always been something I wanted to do but I never thought much about it. I am very excited and I can't wait to start it. I have to wait until I become an AZ resident but its ok. Now I need to find someone who wants to but my A&P book!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yay, a new post! I've been waiting. Hey girl I love you a ton. Hang in there Those times of waiting are so tough but God seems to choose to teach us most during those times so take a moment to listen. I'm thrilled to see how God will guide you during these next couple of months with the house hunting, job hunting and career planning. You are loved beyond measure!! We're praying for you guys!